Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) recoil, repercussion, rebound, backlash (a movement back from an impact)
- S: (n) rebound (a reaction to a crisis or setback or frustration) "he is still on the rebound from his wife's death"
- S: (n) rebound (the act of securing possession of the rebounding basketball after a missed shot)
- S: (v) rebind (provide with a new binding) "The tattered old book is valuable and we need to rebind it"
- S: (v) bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet (spring back; spring away from an impact) "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
- S: (v) rally, rebound (return to a former condition) "The jilted lover soon rallied and found new friends"; "The stock market rallied"