Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) rate (a magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit) "they traveled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"; "the rate of change was faster than expected"
- S: (n) rate, charge per unit (amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis) "a 10-minute phone call at that rate would cost $5"
- S: (n) pace, rate (the relative speed of progress or change) "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
- S: (n) rate (a quantity or amount or measure considered as a proportion of another quantity or amount or measure) "the literacy rate"; "the retention rate"; "the dropout rate"
- S: (v) rate, rank, range, order, grade, place (assign a rank or rating to) "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- S: (v) rate (be worthy of or have a certain rating) "This bond rates highly"
- S: (v) rate, value (estimate the value of) "How would you rate his chances to become President?"; "Gold was rated highly among the Romans"