Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) accelerate, speed up, speed, quicken (move faster) "The car accelerated"
- S: (v) whet, quicken (make keen or more acute) "whet my appetite"
- S: (v) quicken, invigorate (give life or energy to) "The cold water invigorated him"
- S: (v) quicken (show signs of life) "the fetus quickened"
- S: (v) animate, recreate, reanimate, revive, renovate, repair, quicken, vivify, revivify (give new life or energy to) "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"