Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) question, inquiry, enquiry, query, interrogation (an instance of questioning) "there was a question about my training"; "we made inquiries of all those who were present"
- S: (n) question, head (the subject matter at issue) "the question of disease merits serious discussion"; "under the head of minor Roman poets"
- S: (n) question, interrogation, interrogative, interrogative sentence (a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply) "he asked a direct question"; "he had trouble phrasing his interrogations"
- S: (n) doubt, dubiousness, doubtfulness, question (uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something) "the dubiousness of his claim"; "there is no question about the validity of the enterprise"
- S: (n) motion, question (a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote) "he made a motion to adjourn"; "she called for the question"
- S: (n) question (an informal reference to a marriage proposal) "he was ready to pop the question"
- S: (v) question, oppugn, call into question (challenge the accuracy, probity, or propriety of) "We must question your judgment in this matter"
- S: (v) interrogate, question (pose a series of questions to) "The suspect was questioned by the police"; "We questioned the survivor about the details of the explosion"
- S: (v) question, query (pose a question)
- S: (v) interview, question (conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting)
- S: (v) wonder, question (place in doubt or express doubtful speculation) "I wonder whether this was the right thing to do"; "she wondered whether it would snow tonight"