Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) fagot, faggot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queen, queer, poof, poove, pouf (offensive term for a homosexual man)
- S: (v) thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk (hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of) "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- S: (v) queer, expose, scupper, endanger, peril (put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position)
- S: (adj) curious, funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular (beyond or deviating from the usual or expected) "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
- S: (adj) gay, queer, homophile (homosexual or arousing homosexual desires)