Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) quality (an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone) "the quality of mercy is not strained"--Shakespeare
- S: (n) quality, caliber, calibre (a degree or grade of excellence or worth) "the quality of students has risen"; "an executive of low caliber"
- S: (n) quality, character, lineament (a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something) "each town has a quality all its own"; "the radical character of our demands"
- S: (n) timbre, timber, quality, tone ((music) the distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound)) "the timbre of her soprano was rich and lovely"; "the muffled tones of the broken bell summoned them to meet"
- S: (n) quality (high social status) "a man of quality"
- S: (adj) choice, prime, prize, quality, select (of superior grade) "choice wines"; "prime beef"; "prize carnations"; "quality paper"; "select peaches"
- S: (adj) quality (of high social status) "people of quality"; "a quality family"