Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) post, put up (place so as to be noticed) "post a sign"; "post a warning at the dump"
- S: (v) put up, provide, offer (mount or put up) "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
- S: (v) raise, erect, rear, set up, put up (construct, build, or erect) "Raise a barn"
- S: (v) digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up (put up with something or somebody unpleasant) "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
- S: (v) put up (make available for sale at an auction) "The dealer put up three of his most valuable paintings for auction"
- S: (v) can, tin, put up (preserve in a can or tin) "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- S: (v) house, put up, domiciliate (provide housing for) "The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town"
- S: (v) put up, contribute (provide) "The city has to put up half the required amount"
- S: (v) nominate, put up, put forward (propose as a candidate for some honor)