Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off (hold back to a later time) "let's postpone the exam"
- S: (v) turn off, put off (cause to feel intense dislike or distaste)
- S: (v) dishearten, put off (take away the enthusiasm of)
- S: (v) confuse, flurry, disconcert, put off (cause to feel embarrassment) "The constant attention of the young man confused her"
- S: (v) hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep (avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)) "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"