Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) puddle (a mixture of wet clay and sand that can be used to line a pond and that is impervious to water when dry)
- S: (n) pool, puddle (a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid) "there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain"; "the body lay in a pool of blood"
- S: (n) pool, puddle (something resembling a pool of liquid) "he stood in a pool of light"; "his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines"
- S: (v) puddle (wade or dabble in a puddle) "The ducks and geese puddled in the backyard"
- S: (v) puddle (subject to puddling or form by puddling) "puddle iron"
- S: (v) puddle (dip into mud before planting) "puddle young plants"
- S: (v) puddle (work a wet mixture, such as concrete or mud)
- S: (v) puddle (mess around, as in a liquid or paste) "The children are having fun puddling in paint"
- S: (v) muddle, puddle (make into a puddle) "puddled mire"
- S: (v) puddle (make a puddle by splashing water)
- S: (v) addle, muddle, puddle (mix up or confuse) "He muddled the issues"
- S: (v) make, urinate, piddle, puddle, micturate, piss, pee, pee-pee, make water, relieve oneself, take a leak, spend a penny, wee, wee-wee, pass water (eliminate urine) "Again, the cat had made on the expensive rug"