Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) prove, turn out, turn up (be shown or be found to be) "She proved to be right"; "The medicine turned out to save her life"; "She turned up HIV positive"
- S: (v) prove, demonstrate, establish, show, shew (establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment) "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
- S: (v) testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show (provide evidence for) "The blood test showed that he was the father"; "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
- S: (v) prove (prove formally; demonstrate by a mathematical, formal proof)
- S: (v) test, prove, try, try out, examine, essay (put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to) "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
- S: (v) rise, prove (increase in volume) "the dough rose slowly in the warm room"
- S: (v) raise, leaven, prove (cause to puff up with a leaven) "unleavened bread"
- S: (v) prove (take a trial impression of)
- S: (v) prove (obtain probate of) "prove a will"