Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) propose, suggest, advise (make a proposal, declare a plan for something) "the senator proposed to abolish the sales tax"
- S: (v) project, propose (present for consideration, examination, criticism, etc.) "He proposed a new plan for dealing with terrorism"; "She proposed a new theory of relativity"; "The candidate projects himself as a moderate and a reformer"
- S: (v) aim, purpose, purport, propose (propose or intend) "I aim to arrive at noon"
- S: (v) nominate, propose (put forward; nominate for appointment to an office or for an honor or position) "The President nominated her as head of the Civil Rights Commission"
- S: (v) propose, declare oneself, offer, pop the question (ask (someone) to marry you) "he popped the question on Sunday night"; "she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months"; "The old bachelor finally declared himself to the young woman"