Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) professional, professional person (a person engaged in one of the learned professions)
- S: (n) professional, pro (an athlete who plays for pay)
- S: (n) master, professional (an authority qualified to teach apprentices)
- S: (adj) professional (engaged in a profession or engaging in as a profession or means of livelihood) "the professional man or woman possesses distinctive qualifications"; "began her professional career after the Olympics"; "professional theater"; "professional football"; "a professional cook"; "professional actors and athletes"
- S: (adj) professional (of or relating to or suitable as a profession) "professional organizations"; "a professional field such as law"
- S: (adj) professional (characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession) "professional conduct"; "professional ethics"; "a thoroughly professional performance"
- S: (adj) professional (of or relating to a profession) "we need professional advice"; "professional training"; "professional equipment for his new office"
- S: (adj) professional (engaged in by members of a profession) "professional occupations include medicine and the law and teaching"