Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) procedure, process (a particular course of action intended to achieve a result) "the procedure of obtaining a driver's license"; "it was a process of trial and error"
- S: (n) process, cognitive process, mental process, operation, cognitive operation ((psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents) "the process of thinking"; "the cognitive operation of remembering"
- S: (n) summons, process (a writ issued by authority of law; usually compels the defendant's attendance in a civil suit; failure to appear results in a default judgment against the defendant)
- S: (n) process, unconscious process (a mental process that you are not directly aware of) "the process of denial"
- S: (n) process, outgrowth, appendage (a natural prolongation or projection from a part of an organism either animal or plant) "a bony process"
- S: (n) process, physical process (a sustained phenomenon or one marked by gradual changes through a series of states) "events now in process"; "the process of calcification begins later for boys than for girls"
- S: (v) process, treat (subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition) "process cheese"; "process hair"; "treat the water so it can be drunk"; "treat the lawn with chemicals"; "treat an oil spill"
- S: (v) process (deal with in a routine way) "I'll handle that one"; "process a loan"; "process the applicants"
- S: (v) process (perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information) "The results of the elections were still being processed when he gave his acceptance speech"
- S: (v) action, sue, litigate, process (institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against) "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
- S: (v) march, process (march in a procession) "They processed into the dining room"
- S: (v) work, work on, process (shape, form, or improve a material) "work stone into tools"; "process iron"; "work the metal"
- S: (v) serve, process, swear out (deliver a warrant or summons to someone) "He was processed by the sheriff"