Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) continue, go on, carry on, proceed (continue talking) "`I know it's hard', he continued, `but there is no choice'"; "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
- S: (v) proceed, go forward, continue (move ahead; travel onward in time or space) "We proceeded towards Washington"; "She continued in the direction of the hills"; "We are moving ahead in time now"
- S: (v) go, proceed, move (follow a procedure or take a course) "We should go farther in this matter"; "She went through a lot of trouble"; "go about the world in a certain manner"; "Messages must go through diplomatic channels"
- S: (v) proceed, go (follow a certain course) "The inauguration went well"; "how did your interview go?"
- S: (v) continue, go on, proceed, go along, keep (continue a certain state, condition, or activity) "Keep on working!"; "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight"