Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) prime (insert a primer into (a gun, mine, or charge) preparatory to detonation or firing) "prime a cannon"; "prime a mine"
- S: (v) prime, ground, undercoat (cover with a primer; apply a primer to)
- S: (v) prime (fill with priming liquid) "prime a car engine"
- S: (adj) premier, prime (first in rank or degree) "an architect of premier rank"; "the prime minister"
- S: (adj) prime (used of the first or originating agent) "prime mover"
- S: (adj) choice, prime, prize, quality, select (of superior grade) "choice wines"; "prime beef"; "prize carnations"; "quality paper"; "select peaches"
- S: (adj) prime (of or relating to or being an integer that cannot be factored into other integers) "prime number"
- S: (adj) prime, meridian (being at the best stage of development) "our manhood's prime vigor"- Robert Browning