Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) preventive, preventative, prophylactic (remedy that prevents or slows the course of an illness or disease) "the doctor recommended several preventatives"
- S: (n) hindrance, hinderance, hitch, preventive, preventative, encumbrance, incumbrance, interference (any obstruction that impedes or is burdensome)
- S: (n) contraceptive, preventive, preventative, contraceptive device, prophylactic device, birth control device (an agent or device intended to prevent conception)
- S: (adj) preventive, preventative (tending to prevent or hinder)
- S: (adj) preventive, preventative, prophylactic (preventing or contributing to the prevention of disease) "preventive medicine"; "vaccines are prophylactic"; "a prophylactic drug"