Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) predominate, dominate, rule, reign, prevail (be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance) "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
- S: (v) prevail, hold, obtain (be valid, applicable, or true) "This theory still holds"
- S: (v) prevail, persist, die hard, run, endure (continue to exist) "These stories die hard"; "The legend of Elvis endures"
- S: (v) prevail, triumph (prove superior) "The champion prevailed, though it was a hard fight"
- S: (v) prevail (use persuasion successfully) "He prevailed upon her to visit his parents"