Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) preserve (a domain that seems to be specially reserved for someone) "medicine is no longer a male preserve"
- S: (n) preserve (a reservation where animals are protected)
- S: (n) conserve, preserve, conserves, preserves (fruit preserved by cooking with sugar)
- S: (v) continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve (keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last) "preserve the peace in the family"; "continue the family tradition"; "Carry on the old traditions"
- S: (v) conserve, preserve, maintain, keep up (keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction) "We preserve these archeological findings"; "The old lady could not keep up the building"; "children must be taught to conserve our national heritage"; "The museum curator conserved the ancient manuscripts"
- S: (v) save, preserve (to keep up and reserve for personal or special use) "She saved the old family photographs in a drawer"
- S: (v) preserve, keep (prevent (food) from rotting) "preserved meats"; "keep potatoes fresh"
- S: (v) keep, preserve (maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger) "May God keep you"
- S: (v) preserve (keep undisturbed for personal or private use for hunting, shooting, or fishing) "preserve the forest and the lakes"