Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) power, powerfulness (possession of controlling influence) "the deterrent power of nuclear weapons"; "the power of his love saved her"; "his powerfulness was concealed by a gentle facade"
- S: (n) power ((physics) the rate of doing work; measured in watts (= joules/second))
- S: (n) ability, power (possession of the qualities (especially mental qualities) required to do something or get something done) "danger heightened his powers of discrimination"
- S: (n) office, power ((of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power) "being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage"; "during his first year in office"; "during his first year in power"; "the power of the president"
- S: (n) power, force (one possessing or exercising power or influence or authority) "the mysterious presence of an evil power"; "may the force be with you"; "the forces of evil"
- S: (n) exponent, power, index (a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself)
- S: (n) might, mightiness, power (physical strength)
- S: (n) world power, major power, great power, power, superpower (a state powerful enough to influence events throughout the world)
- S: (n) electricity, electrical energy, power (energy made available by the flow of electric charge through a conductor) "they built a car that runs on electricity"; "The power went oout around midnight"
- S: (n) baron, big businessman, business leader, king, magnate, mogul, power, top executive, tycoon (a very wealthy or powerful businessman) "an oil baron"
- S: (v) power (supply the force or power for the functioning of) "The gasoline powers the engines"