Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) poster, posting, placard, notice, bill, card (a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement) "a poster advertised the coming attractions"
- S: (n) posting ((bookkeeping) a listing on the company's records) "the posting was made in the cash account"
- S: (n) mailing, posting (the transmission of a letter) "the postmark indicates the time of mailing"
- S: (v) post (affix in a public place or for public notice) "post a warning"
- S: (v) post (publicize with, or as if with, a poster) "I'll post the news on the bulletin board"
- S: (v) post (assign to a post; put into a post) "The newspaper posted him in Timbuktu"
- S: (v) station, post, send, place (assign to a station)
- S: (v) post (display, as of records in sports games)
- S: (v) post (enter on a public list)
- S: (v) post, carry (transfer (entries) from one account book to another)
- S: (v) post (ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait)
- S: (v) stake, post (mark with a stake) "stake out the path"
- S: (v) post, put up (place so as to be noticed) "post a sign"; "post a warning at the dump"
- S: (v) mail, post, send (cause to be directed or transmitted to another place) "send me your latest results"; "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
- S: (v) post, brand (mark or expose as infamous) "She was branded a loose woman"