Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) position, place (the particular portion of space occupied by something) "he put the lamp back in its place"
- S: (n) military position, position (a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons)
- S: (n) position, view, perspective (a way of regarding situations or topics etc.) "consider what follows from the positivist view"
- S: (n) position, posture, attitude (the arrangement of the body and its limbs) "he assumed an attitude of surrender"
- S: (n) status, position (the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society) "he had the status of a minor"; "the novel attained the status of a classic"; "atheists do not enjoy a favorable position in American life"
- S: (n) position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation (a job in an organization) "he occupied a post in the treasury"
- S: (n) position, spatial relation (the spatial property of a place where or way in which something is situated) "the position of the hands on the clock"; "he specified the spatial relations of every piece of furniture on the stage"
- S: (n) position (the appropriate or customary location) "the cars were in position"
- S: (n) position ((in team sports) the role assigned to an individual player) "what position does he play?"
- S: (n) placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement (the act of putting something in a certain place)
- S: (n) situation, position (a condition or position in which you find yourself) "the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation"
- S: (n) position, stance, posture (a rationalized mental attitude)
- S: (n) side, position (an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute) "there are two sides to every question"
- S: (n) place, position (an item on a list or in a sequence) "in the second place"; "moved from third to fifth position"
- S: (n) stead, position, place, lieu (the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another) "can you go in my stead?"; "took his place"; "in lieu of"
- S: (n) position (the act of positing; an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom)
- S: (v) position (cause to be in an appropriate place, state, or relation)
- S: (v) put, set, place, pose, position, lay (put into a certain place or abstract location) "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"