Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) part, portion, component part, component, constituent (something determined in relation to something that includes it) "he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"; "I read a portion of the manuscript"; "the smaller component is hard to reach"; "the animal constituent of plankton"
- S: (n) part, portion (something less than the whole of a human artifact) "the rear part of the house"; "glue the two parts together"
- S: (n) parcel, portion, share (the allotment of some amount by dividing something) "death gets more than its share of attention from theologians"
- S: (n) share, portion, part, percentage (assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group) "he wanted his share in cash"
- S: (n) fortune, destiny, fate, luck, lot, circumstances, portion (your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you)) "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
- S: (n) dowry, dowery, dower, portion (money or property brought by a woman to her husband at marriage)
- S: (n) helping, portion, serving (an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal) "the helpings were all small"; "his portion was larger than hers"; "there's enough for two servings each"