Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) porter (a person employed to carry luggage and supplies)
- S: (n) doorkeeper, doorman, door guard, hall porter, porter, gatekeeper, ostiary (someone who guards an entrance)
- S: (n) Porter, Katherine Anne Porter (United States writer of novels and short stories (1890-1980))
- S: (n) Porter, Cole Porter, Cole Albert Porter (United States composer and lyricist of musical comedies (1891-1946))
- S: (n) Porter, William Sydney Porter, O. Henry (United States writer of short stories whose pen name was O. Henry (1862-1910))
- S: (n) porter, Pullman porter (a railroad employee who assists passengers (especially on sleeping cars))
- S: (n) porter, porter's beer (a very dark sweet ale brewed from roasted unmalted barley)
- S: (v) porter (carry luggage or supplies) "They portered the food up Mount Kilimanjaro for the tourists"