Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) pool (an excavation that is (usually) filled with water)
- S: (n) pond, pool (a small lake) "the pond was too small for sailing"
- S: (n) pool (an organization of people or resources that can be shared) "a car pool"; "a secretarial pool"; "when he was first hired he was assigned to the pool"
- S: (n) consortium, pool, syndicate (an association of companies for some definite purpose)
- S: (n) pool (any communal combination of funds) "everyone contributed to the pool"
- S: (n) pool, puddle (a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid) "there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain"; "the body lay in a pool of blood"
- S: (n) pool, kitty (the combined stakes of the betters)
- S: (n) pool, puddle (something resembling a pool of liquid) "he stood in a pool of light"; "his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines"
- S: (n) pool, pocket billiards (any of various games played on a pool table having 6 pockets)
- S: (v) pool (combine into a common fund) "We pooled resources"
- S: (v) pool (join or form a pool of people)