Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) plug, stopper, stopple (blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly)
- S: (n) chew, chaw, cud, quid, plug, wad (a wad of something chewable as tobacco)
- S: (n) ballyhoo, hoopla, hype, plug (blatant or sensational promotion)
- S: (n) spark plug, sparking plug, plug (electrical device that fits into the cylinder head of an internal-combustion engine and ignites the gas by means of an electric spark)
- S: (n) plug, male plug (an electrical device with two or three pins that is inserted in a socket to make an electrical connection)
- S: (n) fireplug, fire hydrant, plug (an upright hydrant for drawing water to use in fighting a fire)
- S: (n) hack, jade, nag, plug (an old or over-worked horse)
- S: (v) plug, stop up, secure (fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug) "plug the hole"; "stop up the leak"
- S: (v) plug, plug away (persist in working hard) "Students must plug away at this problem"
- S: (v) punch, plug (deliver a quick blow to) "he punched me in the stomach"
- S: (v) plug (make a plug for; praise the qualities or in order to sell or promote)
- S: (v) plug (replace the center of a coin with a baser metal) "plug a nickle"
- S: (v) plug (insert a plug into) "plug the wall"
- S: (v) plug (insert as a plug) "She plugged a cork in the wine bottle"