Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) gutsiness, pluck, pluckiness (the trait of showing courage and determination in spite of possible loss or injury)
- S: (n) pluck (the act of pulling and releasing a taut cord)
- S: (v) pluck, tweak, pull off, pick off (pull or pull out sharply) "pluck the flowers off the bush"
- S: (v) hustle, pluck, roll (sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity)
- S: (v) overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook (rip off; ask an unreasonable price)
- S: (v) pluck, plunk, pick (pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion) "he plucked the strings of his mandolin"
- S: (v) pluck, pull, tear, deplume, deplumate, displume (strip of feathers) "pull a chicken"; "pluck the capon"
- S: (v) pick, pluck, cull (look for and gather) "pick mushrooms"; "pick flowers"