Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) plague, pestilence, pest, pestis (a serious (sometimes fatal) infection of rodents caused by Yersinia pestis and accidentally transmitted to humans by the bite of a flea that has bitten an infected animal)
- S: (n) plague, pestilence, pest (any epidemic disease with a high death rate)
- S: (n) infestation, plague (a swarm of insects that attack plants) "a plague of grasshoppers"
- S: (n) plague (any large scale calamity (especially when thought to be sent by God))
- S: (n) plague (an annoyance) "those children are a damn plague"
- S: (v) blight, plague (cause to suffer a blight) "Too much rain may blight the garden with mold"
- S: (v) harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke (annoy continually or chronically) "He is known to harry his staff when he is overworked"; "This man harasses his female co-workers"