Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) put, set, place, pose, position, lay (put into a certain place or abstract location) "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
- S: (v) place (place somebody in a particular situation or location) "he was placed on probation"
- S: (v) rate, rank, range, order, grade, place (assign a rank or rating to) "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- S: (v) locate, place, site (assign a location to) "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
- S: (v) place (to arrange for) "place a phone call"; "place a bet"
- S: (v) place, come in, come out (take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal) "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
- S: (v) target, aim, place, direct, point (intend (something) to move towards a certain goal) "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
- S: (v) identify, place (recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something) "She identified the man on the `wanted' poster"
- S: (v) place (assign to (a job or a home))
- S: (v) set, localize, localise, place (locate) "The film is set in Africa"
- S: (v) place, put, set (estimate) "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
- S: (v) place, localize, localise (identify the location or place of) "We localized the source of the infection"
- S: (v) invest, put, commit, place (make an investment) "Put money into bonds"
- S: (v) station, post, send, place (assign to a station)
- S: (v) place (finish second or better in a horse or dog race) "he bet $2 on number six to place"
- S: (v) place (sing a note with the correct pitch)
- S: (adj) located, placed, set, situated (situated in a particular spot or position) "valuable centrally located urban land"; "strategically placed artillery"; "a house set on a hilltop"; "nicely situated on a quiet riverbank"
- S: (adj) placed (put in position in relation to other things) "end tables placed conveniently"