Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) picture, image, icon, ikon (a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface) "they showed us the pictures of their wedding"; "a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
- S: (n) painting, picture (graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface) "a small painting by Picasso"; "he bought the painting as an investment"; "his pictures hang in the Louvre"
- S: (n) mental picture, picture, impression (a clear and telling mental image) "he described his mental picture of his assailant"; "he had no clear picture of himself or his world"; "the events left a permanent impression in his mind"
- S: (n) picture, scene (a situation treated as an observable object) "the political picture is favorable"; "the religious scene in England has changed in the last century"
- S: (n) picture, pictorial matter (illustrations used to decorate or explain a text) "the dictionary had many pictures"
- S: (n) movie, film, picture, moving picture, moving-picture show, motion picture, motion-picture show, picture show, pic, flick (a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement) "they went to a movie every Saturday night"; "the film was shot on location"
- S: (n) video, picture (the visible part of a television transmission) "they could still receive the sound but the picture was gone"
- S: (n) word picture, word-painting, delineation, depiction, picture, characterization, characterisation (a graphic or vivid verbal description) "too often the narrative was interrupted by long word pictures"; "the author gives a depressing picture of life in Poland"; "the pamphlet contained brief characterizations of famous Vermonters"
- S: (n) picture (a typical example of some state or quality) "the very picture of a modern general"; "she was the picture of despair"
- S: (n) photograph, photo, exposure, picture, pic (a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide or in digital format)
- S: (v) visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, see, figure, picture, image (imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind) "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
- S: (v) picture, depict, render, show (show in, or as in, a picture) "This scene depicts country life"; "the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"