Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) lookout, lookout man, sentinel, sentry, watch, spotter, scout, picket (a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event)
- S: (n) picket (a detachment of troops guarding an army from surprise attack)
- S: (n) picket (a protester posted by a labor organization outside a place of work)
- S: (n) picket (a vehicle performing sentinel duty)
- S: (n) picket, pale (a wooden strip forming part of a fence)
- S: (n) picket, piquet (a form of military punishment used by the British in the late 17th century in which a soldier was forced to stand on one foot on a pointed stake)
- S: (v) picket (serve as pickets or post pickets) "picket a business to protest the layoffs"
- S: (v) picket (fasten with a picket) "picket the goat"