Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) phase, stage (any distinct time period in a sequence of events) "we are in a transitional stage in which many former ideas must be revised or rejected"
- S: (n) phase, form ((physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system; matter that is identical in chemical composition and physical state and separated from other material by the phase boundary) "the reaction occurs in the liquid phase of the system"
- S: (n) phase, phase angle (a particular point in the time of a cycle; measured from some arbitrary zero and expressed as an angle)
- S: (n) phase ((astronomy) the particular appearance of a body's state of illumination (especially one of the recurring shapes of the part of Earth's moon that is illuminated by the sun)) "the full phase of the moon"
- S: (v) phase (arrange in phases or stages) "phase a withdrawal"
- S: (v) phase (adjust so as to be in a synchronized condition) "he phased the intake with the output of the machine"