Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) people ((plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively) "old people"; "there were at least 200 people in the audience"
- S: (n) citizenry, people (the body of citizens of a state or country) "the Spanish people"
- S: (n) people (members of a family line) "his people have been farmers for generations"; "are your people still alive?"
- S: (n) multitude, masses, mass, hoi polloi, people, the great unwashed (the common people generally) "separate the warriors from the mass"; "power to the people"
- S: (v) people (fill with people) "Stalin wanted to people the empty steppes"
- S: (v) people (furnish with people) "The plains are sparsely populated"