Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) peanut (underground pod of the peanut vine)
- S: (n) peanut, peanut vine, Arachis hypogaea (widely cultivated American plant cultivated in tropical and warm regions; showy yellow flowers on stalks that bend over to the soil so that seed pods ripen underground)
- S: (n) peanut (a young child who is small for his age)
- S: (n) peanut, earthnut, goober, goober pea, groundnut, monkey nut (pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms)
- S: (adj) insignificant, peanut (of little importance or influence or power; of minor status) "a minor, insignificant bureaucrat"; "peanut politicians"