Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) pay off (yield a profit or result) "His efforts finally paid off"
- S: (v) liquidate, pay off (eliminate by paying off (debts))
- S: (v) redeem, pay off (pay off (loans or promissory notes))
- S: (v) pay, pay off, make up, compensate (do or give something to somebody in return) "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
- S: (v) buy off, pay off (pay someone with influence in order to receive a favor)
- S: (v) pay back, pay off, get, fix (take vengeance on or get even) "We'll get them!"; "That'll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"