Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) wage, pay, earnings, remuneration, salary (something that remunerates) "wages were paid by check"; "he wasted his pay on drink"; "they saved a quarter of all their earnings"
- S: (v) pay (give money, usually in exchange for goods or services) "I paid four dollars for this sandwich"; "Pay the waitress, please"
- S: (v) give, pay (convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow) "Don't pay him any mind"; "give the orders"; "Give him my best regards"; "pay attention"
- S: (v) pay up, ante up, pay (cancel or discharge a debt) "pay up, please!"
- S: (v) yield, pay, bear (bring in) "interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
- S: (v) pay, pay off, make up, compensate (do or give something to somebody in return) "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
- S: (v) give, pay, devote (dedicate) "give thought to"; "give priority to"; "pay attention to"
- S: (v) pay (be worth it) "It pays to go through the trouble"
- S: (v) pay (render) "pay a visit"; "pay a call"
- S: (v) pay (bear (a cost or penalty), in recompense for some action) "You'll pay for this!"; "She had to pay the penalty for speaking out rashly"; "You'll pay for this opinion later"
- S: (v) pay (make a compensation for) "a favor that cannot be paid back"
- S: (v) pay (discharge or settle) "pay a debt"; "pay an obligation"