Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) form, shape, pattern (a perceptual structure) "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
- S: (n) practice, pattern (a customary way of operation or behavior) "it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
- S: (n) design, pattern, figure (a decorative or artistic work) "the coach had a design on the doors"
- S: (n) convention, normal, pattern, rule, formula (something regarded as a normative example) "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
- S: (n) pattern (a model considered worthy of imitation) "the American constitution has provided a pattern for many republics"
- S: (n) blueprint, design, pattern (something intended as a guide for making something else) "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
- S: (n) traffic pattern, approach pattern, pattern (the path that is prescribed for an airplane that is preparing to land at an airport) "the traffic patterns around O'Hare are very crowded"; "they stayed in the pattern until the fog lifted"
- S: (n) radiation pattern, radiation diagram, pattern (graphical representation (in polar or Cartesian coordinates) of the spatial distribution of radiation from an antenna as a function of angle)
- S: (v) model, pattern (plan or create according to a model or models)
- S: (v) pattern (form a pattern) "These sentences pattern like the ones we studied before"