Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) pass off (be accepted as something or somebody in a false character or identity) "She passed off as a Russian agent"
- S: (v) pass off (disregard) "She passed off the insult"
- S: (v) pass off (cause to be circulated and accepted in a false character or identity) "She passed the glass off as diamonds"; "He passed himself off as a secret agent"
- S: (v) evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass (disappear gradually) "The pain eventually passed off"
- S: (v) happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place (come to pass) "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- S: (v) emit, breathe, pass off (expel (gases or odors))