Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) farewell, leave, leave-taking, parting (the act of departing politely) "he disliked long farewells"; "he took his leave"; "parting is such sweet sorrow"
- S: (n) part, parting (a line of scalp that can be seen when sections of hair are combed in opposite directions) "his part was right in the middle"
- S: (v) separate, part, split (go one's own way; move apart) "The friends separated after the party"
- S: (v) separate, part, split up, split, break, break up (discontinue an association or relation; go different ways) "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
- S: (v) depart, part, start, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off (leave) "The family took off for Florida"
- S: (v) separate, divide, part (come apart) "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
- S: (v) separate, disunite, divide, part (force, take, or pull apart) "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"