Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) paint (make a painting) "he painted all day in the garden"; "He painted a painting of the garden"
- S: (v) paint (apply paint to; coat with paint) "We painted the rooms yellow"
- S: (v) paint (make a painting of) "He painted his mistress many times"
- S: (v) paint (apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil)
- S: (adj) painted (coated with paint) "freshly painted lawn furniture"
- S: (adj) painted (lacking substance or vitality as if produced by painting) "in public he wore a painted smile"
- S: (adj) painted (having makeup applied) "brazen painted faces"
- S: (adj) motley, calico, multicolor, multi-color, multicolour, multi-colour, multicolored, multi-colored, multicoloured, multi-coloured, painted, particolored, particoloured, piebald, pied, varicolored, varicoloured (having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly) "a jester dressed in motley"; "the painted desert"; "a particolored dress"; "a piebald horse"; "pied daisies"