Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) opinion, sentiment, persuasion, view, thought (a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty) "my opinion differs from yours"; "I am not of your persuasion"; "what are your thoughts on Haiti?"
- S: (n) opinion, view (a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof) "his opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page"
- S: (n) public opinion, popular opinion, opinion, vox populi (a belief or sentiment shared by most people; the voice of the people) "he asked for a poll of public opinion"
- S: (n) opinion, legal opinion, judgment, judgement (the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision) "opinions are usually written by a single judge"
- S: (n) opinion, ruling (the reason for a court's judgment (as opposed to the decision itself))
- S: (n) impression, feeling, belief, notion, opinion (a vague idea in which some confidence is placed) "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"