Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) offer, offering (something offered (as a proposal or bid)) "noteworthy new offerings for investors included several index funds"
- S: (n) offering (money contributed to a religious organization)
- S: (n) offer, offering (the verbal act of offering) "a generous offer of assistance"
- S: (n) oblation, offering (the act of contributing to the funds of a church or charity) "oblations for aid to the poor"
- S: (v) offer (make available or accessible, provide or furnish) "The conference center offers a health spa"; "The hotel offers private meeting rooms"
- S: (v) offer, proffer (present for acceptance or rejection) "She offered us all a cold drink"
- S: (v) volunteer, offer (agree freely) "She volunteered to drive the old lady home"; "I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it"
- S: (v) offer (put forward for consideration) "He offered his opinion"
- S: (v) offer, extend (offer verbally) "extend my greetings"; "He offered his sympathy"
- S: (v) offer (make available for sale) "The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week"
- S: (v) offer, bid, tender (propose a payment) "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
- S: (v) offer (produce or introduce on the stage) "The Shakespeare Company is offering `King Lear' this month"
- S: (v) offer, offer up (present as an act of worship) "offer prayers to the gods"
- S: (v) put up, provide, offer (mount or put up) "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
- S: (v) extend, offer (make available; provide) "extend a loan"; "The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages"
- S: (v) propose, declare oneself, offer, pop the question (ask (someone) to marry you) "he popped the question on Sunday night"; "she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months"; "The old bachelor finally declared himself to the young woman"
- S: (v) offer (threaten to do something) "I offered to leave the committee if they did not accept my proposal"