Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) supernatural, occult (supernatural forces and events and beings collectively) "She doesn't believe in the supernatural"
- S: (n) occult, occult arts (supernatural practices and techniques) "he is a student of the occult"
- S: (v) eclipse, occult (cause an eclipse of (a celestial body) by intervention) "The Sun eclipses the moon today"; "Planets and stars often are occulted by other celestial bodies"
- S: (v) occult (become concealed or hidden from view or have its light extinguished) "The beam of light occults every so often"
- S: (v) occult (hide from view) "The lids were occulting her eyes"
- S: (adj) occult (hidden and difficult to see) "an occult fracture"; "occult blood in the stool"
- S: (adj) mysterious, mystic, mystical, occult, secret, orphic (having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding) "mysterious symbols"; "the mystical style of Blake"; "occult lore"; "the secret learning of the ancients"