Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) juncture, occasion (an event that occurs at a critical time) "at such junctures he always had an impulse to leave"; "it was needed only on special occasions"
- S: (n) affair, occasion, social occasion, function, social function (a vaguely specified social event) "the party was quite an affair"; "an occasion arranged to honor the president"; "a seemingly endless round of social functions"
- S: (n) occasion (reason) "there was no occasion for complaint"
- S: (n) occasion (the time of a particular event) "on the occasion of his 60th birthday"
- S: (n) occasion (an opportunity to do something) "there was never an occasion for her to demonstrate her skill"
- S: (v) occasion (give occasion to)