Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) detect, observe, find, discover, notice (discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of) "She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water"; "We found traces of lead in the paint"
- S: (v) note, observe, mention, remark (make mention of) "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- S: (v) note, take note, observe (observe with care or pay close attention to) "Take note of this chemical reaction"
- S: (v) observe (watch attentively) "Please observe the reaction of these two chemicals"
- S: (v) respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe (show respect towards) "honor your parents!"
- S: (v) observe, celebrate, keep (behave as expected during of holidays or rites) "Keep the commandments"; "celebrate Christmas"; "Observe Yom Kippur"
- S: (v) watch, observe, follow, watch over, keep an eye on (follow with the eyes or the mind) "Keep an eye on the baby, please!"; "The world is watching Sarajevo"; "She followed the men with the binoculars"
- S: (v) observe, keep, maintain (stick to correctly or closely) "The pianist kept time with the metronome"; "keep count"; "I cannot keep track of all my employees"
- S: (v) observe, keep (conform one's action or practice to) "keep appointments"; "she never keeps her promises"; "We kept to the original conditions of the contract"