Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) notice (an announcement containing information about an event) "you didn't give me enough notice"; "an obituary notice"; "a notice of sale"
- S: (n) notice, observation, observance (the act of noticing or paying attention) "he escaped the notice of the police"
- S: (n) notification, notice (a request for payment) "the notification stated the grace period and the penalties for defaulting"
- S: (n) notice (advance notification (usually written) of the intention to withdraw from an arrangement of contract) "we received a notice to vacate the premises"; "he gave notice two months before he moved"
- S: (n) poster, posting, placard, notice, bill, card (a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement) "a poster advertised the coming attractions"
- S: (n) notice (polite or favorable attention) "his hard work soon attracted the teacher's notice"
- S: (n) notice (a short critical review) "the play received good notices"
- S: (v) detect, observe, find, discover, notice (discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of) "She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water"; "We found traces of lead in the paint"
- S: (v) notice, mark, note (notice or perceive) "She noted that someone was following her"; "mark my words"
- S: (v) comment, notice, remark, point out (make or write a comment on) "he commented the paper of his colleague"
- S: (v) notice, acknowledge (express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with) "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"