Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) cognition, knowledge, noesis (the psychological result of perception and learning and reasoning)
- direct hyponym / full hyponym
- S: (n) mind, head, brain, psyche, nous (that which is responsible for one's thoughts, feelings, and conscious brain functions; the seat of the faculty of reason) "his mind wandered"; "I couldn't get his words out of my head"
- S: (n) place (an abstract mental location) "he has a special place in my thoughts"; "a place in my heart"; "a political system with no place for the less prominent groups"
- S: (n) public knowledge, general knowledge (knowledge that is available to anyone)
- S: (n) episteme (the body of ideas that determine the knowledge that is intellectually certain at any particular time)
- S: (n) ability, power (possession of the qualities (especially mental qualities) required to do something or get something done) "danger heightened his powers of discrimination"
- S: (n) inability (lack of ability (especially mental ability) to do something)
- S: (n) lexis (all of the words in a language; all word forms having meaning or grammatical function)
- S: (n) vocabulary, lexicon, mental lexicon (a language user's knowledge of words)
- S: (n) practice (knowledge of how something is usually done) "it is not the local practice to wear shorts to dinner"
- S: (n) cognitive factor (something immaterial (as a circumstance or influence) that contributes to producing a result)
- S: (n) equivalent (a person or thing equal to another in value or measure or force or effect or significance etc) "send two dollars or the equivalent in stamps"
- S: (n) process, cognitive process, mental process, operation, cognitive operation ((psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents) "the process of thinking"; "the cognitive operation of remembering"
- S: (n) process, unconscious process (a mental process that you are not directly aware of) "the process of denial"
- S: (n) perception (knowledge gained by perceiving) "a man admired for the depth of his perception"
- S: (n) structure (the complex composition of knowledge as elements and their combinations) "his lectures have no structure"
- S: (n) content, cognitive content, mental object (the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned)
- S: (n) information (knowledge acquired through study or experience or instruction)
- S: (n) history (all that is remembered of the past as preserved in writing; a body of knowledge) "the dawn of recorded history"; "from the beginning of history"
- S: (n) attitude, mental attitude (a complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways) "he had the attitude that work was fun"
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- derivationally related form