Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) nip, shot (a small drink of liquor) "he poured a shot of whiskey"
- S: (n) Jap, Nip ((offensive slang) offensive term for a person of Japanese descent)
- S: (n) relish, flavor, flavour, sapidity, savor, savour, smack, nip, tang (the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth)
- S: (n) chilliness, coolness, nip (the property of being moderately cold) "the chilliness of early morning"
- S: (n) nip, piquance, piquancy, piquantness, tang, tanginess, zest (a tart spicy quality)
- S: (n) nip, pinch (a small sharp bite or snip)
- S: (v) pinch, squeeze, twinge, tweet, nip, twitch (squeeze tightly between the fingers) "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle"
- S: (v) nip (give a small sharp bite to) "The Queen's corgis always nip at her staff's ankles"
- S: (v) nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off (sever or remove by pinching or snipping) "nip off the flowers"