Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) neutralize (make politically neutral and thus inoffensive) "The treaty neutralized the small republic"
- S: (v) neutralize, neutralise, nullify, negate (make ineffective by counterbalancing the effect of) "Her optimism neutralizes his gloom"; "This action will negate the effect of my efforts"
- S: (v) counteract, countervail, neutralize, counterbalance (oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary actions) "This will counteract the foolish actions of my colleagues"
- S: (v) neutralize, neutralise, liquidate, waste, knock off, do in (get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing) "The mafia liquidated the informer"; "the double agent was neutralized"
- S: (v) neutralize, neutralise (make incapable of military action)
- S: (v) neutralize, neutralise (make chemically neutral) "She neutralized the solution"