Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) internet, net, cyberspace (a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange)
- S: (n) net (a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects)
- S: (n) net income, net, net profit, lucre, profit, profits, earnings (the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses))
- S: (n) net (a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey))
- S: (n) net (game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton)
- S: (n) net, network, mesh, meshing, meshwork (an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals)
- S: (v) net, sack, sack up, clear (make as a net profit) "The company cleared $1 million"
- S: (v) net, clear (yield as a net profit) "This sale netted me $1 million"
- S: (v) web, net (construct or form a web, as if by weaving)
- S: (v) net, nett (catch with a net) "net a fish"
- S: (adj) net, nett (remaining after all deductions) "net profit"
- S: (adj) final, last, net (conclusive in a process or progression) "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"