Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) narrowing (an instance of becoming narrow)
- S: (n) narrowing (a decrease in width)
- S: (n) narrowing (the act of making something narrower)
- S: (v) narrow, contract (make or become more narrow or restricted) "The selection was narrowed"; "The road narrowed"
- S: (v) pin down, peg down, nail down, narrow down, narrow, specify (define clearly) "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
- S: (v) specialize, specialise, narrow, narrow down (become more focused on an area of activity or field of study) "She specializes in Near Eastern history"
- S: (v) constrict, constringe, narrow (become tight or as if tight) "Her throat constricted"